Thursday, September 27, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Cancer is a disease that always gets my attention when it comes up on the news.  Cancer has had an affect on me personally.

I'm grateful for the progress in research, early detection, and survivors.  However, I'm frustrated that it still has devastating consequences and claims lives.  

Please get screened and get yourself checked routinely. 

"Routinely" is debatable and controversial. 


The general rule is:

A)Ages 40-49 - check with your doctor. 

B)Ages 50+ - once every 1-2 years depending on age,

 family history, or previous cancer

C)Screw the general rule! It's your health. If something seems off and doesn't feel right, it doesn't matter how old your are or aren't.

Get yourself examined! 






Get this shirt and more at my Etsy site:



























No comments:

Post a Comment