Monday, May 14, 2012

The Bright Spot of My Day

Today was one of those days.  Well it was Monday.  So it started off bad by default.


It was dreary.  I didn't get enough sleep.  It was Monday.  


Oh yeah.  I said that already.


By the end of the day, I was ready to go home.  But no.  There was still grocery shopping, a department store, and a drugstore to get to.


I canceled dinner plans.


I was in no mood.


I was the walking dead.   


Finally, home sweet home.  I was uber eager to say 'Goodbye day! Hello bed!'


I did the ritual of stopping by my mailbox before parking in front of my pad.  


Junk mail.  


Bills.  


Pre-approved credit notifications.


 . . . wait a minute.


What's this unusual brown flat square thingy?  Is it a dvd?  A cd?   . . . 


No!


IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!


It's a surprise package from the one and only "supremely skilled southpaw" Kristilyn , owner, creator and master genius of Zombie Romance!!!


Suddenly I'm ripping the package apart and hear myself gasp in utterly awed appreciation of the contents:


(WARNING:  NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH)




This would be an adorable Doodle Diva inspired Zombie Diva as only uber talented Kristilyn can imagine and create.  


Isn't it disturbing?


Isn't it twisted?


Isn't it just the cutest thing you ever did see?!!


I love this girl's creations.  And mark my words:  I predict Kristilyn's Zombie Romance is going to be a very, Very, VERY big deal sooner than later.


A little note from my fellow Southpaw




Too adorable.  Check out those eyelashes and the adorableness of these little fawns. Meanwhile, their fearless leader is wearing a skeleton.  I love the way the stark contrast just coincide like business as usual.




Meanwhile, her surprise got me my second wind.  Suddenly, Monday doesn't seem bad at all.  I have a Zombie Romance original inspired by Doodle Divas.


WHAT?!


And it tickles me to know that while my girls are positioning themselves to take over the world one walk-in closet at a time, Zombie Romance's gals are taking over the world as well . . . 


 . . . one brain at a time!   :-)



                 












Buy t-shirts, mugs & gifts from my shop.

2 comments:

  1. Funky and yes, I'm checking out Kristilyn.com and seeing what more she brings. I love the lashes and the skeleton on that one doodle...which btw, is right up my alley. I'm the queen of lashes and glamour amongst my pals (my chica drawings are all on the glammy side)...so I totally appreciate you and your pal! You are both going far with your talent and vision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Scarlet! I adore Kristilyn's unique vision with her designs. I've never seen someone make horror look cute and adorable until I ran across Zombie Romance just over a year ago.

    Have you seen her 'Rosemary's Baby' illustration? So awesome.

    I just checked out your entry with the gal reclining to a relaxing read of "50 Shades of Gray", (giggle). Is she your design??

    ReplyDelete