Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Best Ideas Happen . . .

  . . . in the morning between my first and second cup of coffee.  


Did I mention my cup holds two cups of coffee?  So by the time I can see the bottom of my favorite coffee cup while sipping, if I have an idea, it's already scratched out in rough draft.


A recent conversation in my head went something like this:


What if I used the same 'Audrey's Martini' concept in different poses, with different props??


No!


Scratch that.


Same props but different pose.


 . . . and a dog!


No.


A cat!  


Wait.


A poodle?


Ugh.  


Just get a rough draft down for now.  I'm gonna be late for work!  


I grabbed my pad and came up with this rough draft:






Audrey rough draft 1 by Steven Hall/Doodle Divas


Audrey's Martini


Now the idea is at least down and I can play around with some ideas.  Rarely does the idea match the actual rough draft.  Rarely does the rough draft match the final illustration.


So between now and the next 24-72 hours, I'm gonna toss around some ideas and have a completed illustration.


My ideas:



  • legs crossed at the knee versus the ankle
  • poodle in her lap
  • cat in her lap
  • red sofa
  • red background
  • curled up in chair versus sitting



What do you think?  Like any of the above?  Have other suggestions altogether?  


Every participant gets entered in a drawing.  So one person can end up with the finished illustration, (matted, signed, plastic sleeve, etc), just for passing along an idea.  


Meanwhile, I'll keep you posted on the progress.  


nighty-night!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment