Monday, March 26, 2012

Trayvon Martin

You'd have to be living under a thick piece of granite not to know,  even on a peripheral level, about the Trayvon Martin issue.  It's tragic.

The metaphorical picture painted of the security guard in this case, George Zimmerman, is completely unsettling.  Based solely on what I've been hearing, I'm not sure he should be carrying a bag of groceries, let alone a loaded weapon.

I'm disappointed with  Geraldo Rivera.  Geraldo suggests Trayvon's clothing, a hoodie,  was typical criminal wear and therefore he was asking for trouble.  

Trayvon was guilty by association . . .

 . . . with a hoodie.

It reminds me of folks that say rape victims that were wearing provocative clothing were sending signals promoting the attack.

Absurd.  Misguided.  Disgusting.  It's an additional heaping spoonful of salt on an excruciating painful and gaping wound.

I wasn't there.  I have no idea how things truly went down.  But if Zimmerman's actions were truly based on Trayvon wearing a hoodie, it's not the people wearing hoodies that are asking for trouble.

It's people like Zimmerman  that are asking for trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment