Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm Not THAT Kind of Artist . . . Yet

People often ask, 'where do you get your ideas and inspiration?'  


The short answer is 'everywhere and nowhere.'   I'm simply not the kind of artist that has all kinds of deep, philosophical, meaning of life stuff going on in my art.


Things change of course.


I don't want to eat my words and claim I'll never be that kind of artist.  


For now, I think some folks would be surprised at the finished product versus the inspiration for some of my divas.  Take this one.  I named it "Yes.  You!" :






She was inspired by the movie I had just seen less than an hour before - "The Hunger Games."  


How the hell did I go from "The Hunger Games" to a lady singling someone out in a bar?  


After watching "The Hunger Games",  the lead character got my creative juices flowing.  The next diva could be:

  • a woman pointing her bow and arrow (hmm . . . ok . . . )
  • a woman pointing her arrow (hmm . . . maybe . . . )
  • a woman pointing!!!  (OMG!  How cool would that be?)

Thanks to the part of me that's still a little boy sitting in Algebra class staring out the window daydreaming, an entire story and scenario develops.  


On the surface, zero connection between the two.  However, once you dig a little deeper, you can probably see the influence and relationship to "The Hunger Games" . . . albeit, a loose derivative. 


Oh dear.  


Is it just me?  Or did I not just sound like THAT kind of artist?  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment