Saturday, November 5, 2011

One Degree of Real Simple Magazine

I stopped subscribing to Real Simple magazine.  I love the magazine.  But I couldn't use every tip every month.  I couldn't justify the investment.

I do, however, still subscribe to the free Real Simple magazine emails.  Weekly I seem to get tips emailed to me.  If I take time to look through, I occasionally find something I use.

This tip is from their magazine.  I forget what issue.  But I've had this thing for about a year now and absolutely love it.

It's a sweater drying rack.  But instead of something taking up space in the bathroom or precious floor space, it attaches to my windows!


See how it uses these suction thingies!


Clever huh?


The sweaters hang off the floor and out of the way.

Ideally I can dry three sweaters at a time so as not to crowd it. But if they've piled up through the week, I've had as many as six or seven sweaters hanging from this clever gizmo with ZERO issues.

I have a ceiling fan in the same room the sweaters are hanging from.  Double score!  I pop my ceiling fan on and before the day is through, my sweaters are bone dry and no worse for the wear!

HOLLA!  :-)

Wish I could remember the name of the place I ordered it from.  It was super inexpensive.  No more than $30.00.

And because it was featured in Real Simple, they had a deluge of folks like me trying to order at once.  So they got on a short back log.   But it shipped pretty darn quick regardless.

Definitely one of those 'one of the best investments I ever made' list makers.  One thing is to make sure to clean your surface and the suction thingies.  Otherwise it doesn't truly grip and ends up sliding or falling off.

That's why God made Windex!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. What a nifty idea - how come I couldn't have thought of that!?

    ReplyDelete