Saturday, November 5, 2011

Calvin Klein Can Sew

Eventually I'd be tickled to see folks wearing wearing Doodle Divas.  Like not just t-shirts.  I mean like an entire ensemble.

Handbags and shoes are imperative.  Despite Doodle Divas' love of shoes, I actually inch a little more in favor of bags.   I have like a kazillion ideas for bags.  

I have hundreds of  ideas for tops; thousands of ideas for bottoms; millions of ideas for gowns and a myriad of ideas of how to put them all together with shoes, bags, accessories and yes . . . even makeup.  

(I firmly believe that by age 18, any female that wears makeup should not only know how, but also always have on hand the necessary tools to give herself smoky eyes for an evening out.   Can I get an amen??!)

I digress.

Apparently, simply drawing fashion ideas isn't enough.  There's fabric to be studied.  Density, color, durability, lack thereof . . . And most importantly . . . SEWING!!??

I thought you could just come up with an idea and have someone make it.  Turns out that only works if you're an uber star like Jennifer Lopez.

Otherwise, brotha gotta learn to sew.  

Sigh.

Thankfully, a very dear friend has armed me with the tools necessary to begin this journey.  


It's a sewing machine!

This aint nothing like the thing my Mom used to have.


It looks pretty sophisticated.


And it has all these stitch patterns it can do which is apparently a very big deal.


Apparently this is a foot pedal that can make things go faster.


I have no idea what this is supposed to be??!  ;-)



Any ole hoo, she's allowing me to borrow her super cool sewing machine.  She upgraded to some mega-monster machine that stitch a wardrobe for an entire village.

I'm to have a  skirt done by the New Year.  

Wish me luck!

:-)










No comments:

Post a Comment