Sunday, November 6, 2011

Clutter!!!

I hate clutter so much.  I hate it so much I could spew chunks.  I hate it so damn much.

It's utterly exhausting. . . and frustrating.

Ugh!

My thing isn't that I don't put stuff away.  It's that there's no 'away' to put stuff to.

Aaargh!

It starts with a Halloween costume a year ago that required this weird setting powder.  I will probably use it never ever again in my existence on this planet.  But it was $8 and I used a morsel.

The bottle is practically full.  I can't bring myself to throw it away.  So I toss it in a drawer . . . where it sat for over a year.

It's getting tossed.

The cd has some pics I burned on it to take to the drug store to get printed.  I don't know where a blank sleeve is to say what's on the cd.  But they're my nephew, or are they a wedding? or . . . well I don't know.

So I'll hang on to it.

The Michael's coupon is something I may do for Christmas cards . . . eventually.  I ain't doing it today.  But I will.  Well I want to.  Well I want to research it and see.

I'll hang on to it.

I need a pen for God's sake.

I'll hang on to it.

Then that becomes this:

 The junk drawer.

And this:


I tried the filing thing but invariably I outgrow it within weeks and it's an overstuffed mess.

So I end up frustrated and just walk away.  It's like a never ending battle.  And the hardest part is figuring out what stays and what goes.  And if it goes, does it get tossed or taken elsewhere?

AAARRGGHH!!!

So I end up saying 'screw it!!!' until I run out of a clean surface and am forced to deal with it.  The last time I had to deal with it . . .  well, suffice to say I was not a well man that day.

I've been told to invest in an organizer - a flesh and blood organizer.  An expert in the field needs to come and assess and help me develop a system.  My life is about to get way busier so I need to get on the stick.

Meanwhile, the time fell back this past weekend and I can't find the damn instructions on resetting my alarm clock.

Surprise.  Surprise.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment