Monday, October 31, 2011

Storage 101

Like I said in an earlier post, I think a recurring them in design mags is 'storage solutions.'  Luckily, I have a couple of friends that are interior designers that gave me some free advice.  The best piece of advice of all the advice they gave:  GET RID OF KNICK KNACKS!   

I threw out tons of knick knacks.  Very liberating.

Look at this interesting book I found:


Tadaaaaah!  It's not a book at all!


Giggle!  I was reading about this place on the web where you can order books with genuine titles that are hollowed out for storage.  It's like those movies back in the day where folks would hide secret keys and money and weapons in books.

I hate having a zillion remotes.  This makes everything central and tidy and out of sight.  So clever!

It was only like $8 at T.J. Maxx.

Holla!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. I totally looked in that when I was at your house to see if it was a real book.

    ReplyDelete