Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Big Hair

I'm the 'bigger is better' generation. And when it came to hair, COLOSSAL was best. My most elaborate doodles were in the 80's with divas sporting mounds of hair supported by huge bows or that invisible wonder called "hair spray".

Hair volume reached a fever pitch with the invention of . . . WEAVES! Suddenly women of color went from hair barely beyond their temples to hair swaying in long strands well beyond their hips. 

Of course, times changed and big hair fell way to the more paired down styles of today. Even I never cared for the foot long bangs that stood at gravity defying verticals while the rest just kind of laid there.

But I also know their are those of you that, just like me, will always have a place in your heart for . . . BIG HAIR!!! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment