Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bedroom Drama

So last post I got the eclectic mess thrown out.  Now it more or less looks like this:


I have a big secret I may reveal later.  For now, bear with me.

So thanks to Target and Ikea, I found some stuff to make my bedroom look like a "grown ass man", (thanks for the phrase Mimi), lives here.

I was frustrated looking for literally 'red' furniture.  I kept finding physically brown furniture from 'red' trees.  I wanted to spit.

Patience paid off.  I found lots of naked furniture.  Again, I don't paint.  Period.

I don't even spray paint. I want my crap already done the way I want it.  That's why God created Ikea.

He knew lazy asses like me would want bright fire engine red furniture right off the showroom floor.  Ikea had these bedside tables in their magazine and I fell in love.


I found the comforter set on Target's website . . . I think.  All I know is that over the years I've discovered something about myself:  I love beds with a bunch of pillows.

It looks complete and filling and cozy when a bed has a bunch of coordinating pillows.  I read the only drawback is having to take the pillows on and off everyday to make the bed.

Silly book.  I make my bed once a week!


I call this my 'herd of pillows.'

I read that it's ok to have different patterns mixed together as long as they were the same color or color derivatives. I love that look.  So I made it my own.

Holla!

And some jerk once told me rugs on carpeted floors were nonsense.

Whatever!

One thing I've learned is to listen my inner 'like'.  It's like a Facebook 'like' only you're too scared to like it on Facebook because it's controversial or something.

I was later assured area rugs on carpet are very much OK.  Area rugs add to the cozy quotient.  And I learned area rugs are supposed to define an . . . wait for it . . .AREA!

More next post.

Meanwhile, here's my big secret:



That's right.  I haven't won the battle.  I still have some unfinished clutter business to attend to.

The saga continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment