Sunday, June 26, 2011

Diva Sightings

Asheville is a fashion show.  I guess I'm so used to the abundance of creativity.  I forget sometimes.

I think Asheville has this reputation for being 'the mountains.'  Which it is. But the visual is very hiking, camping, REI.

And there is so much Much MUCH more to Asheville than hiking, camping,  and related.

When I think of Asheville, I think of the downtown scene with its artists, theaters, dance clubs, bars, restaurants, night life, tourists, eye candy and individuality.    And what better way to express it than with your own diva style.

Take these shoes:


This fetching little kitten was serving me up some caffeine in the form of an iced mocha when I happened to look down and see these beauties.

Are they not adorable?!  I know the whole gladiator look in heels is still going strong.  Funny how folks act like it was only popular for the past few years.  

I remember Thierry Mugler  had all the supermodels sashaying down runways and George Michael videos in those fierce little numbers back in the 90s.  I think they were so far ahead of their time that it was more like haute couture for art versus reality.

On this little lady, they're paired down to almost a sandal.  But they're actually part kitten heels, part sandal and part dress shoe. 

Regardless, they're 100% cute.  Very individual.  Very Asheville.  

Very diva!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment