Sunday, April 8, 2012

Random Divas

So while I was at the Grove Arcade today, I took a break from dancing to Madonna songs to revisit an idea I had for a diva.  It's very random, very quick and unplanned . . .

 . . . very doodle.

Actually, I have a series of Doodle Divas with martini glasses.

 It's very old school sophistication.  Those old black and white movies seemed to equate martinis and cigarettes with class and sophistication.

Of course, today, we know better.   Well, I certainly do.

This series of illustrations is an homage to 'way back in the day.'  And in this particular case, an old school diva's dry martini is all dried up.  I'm thinking Bette Davis:

"Waiter!  One more.  And don't be stingy with the olives!"


4 comments:

  1. I'm thinking your sweet moves is what sold all your stuff today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gesture and the quote. Your feel-good art needs to be shared. I will do that on FB. Thanks for another great post! ♥

    ReplyDelete