Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Best Part of Waking Up Is COFFEE in My Cup!!!

It doesn't matter how much I dread the day.  It doesn't matter what colossal event I will be engaged in awaits me.  It doesn't matter if it's rainy, sunny, snowy,  dark outside or light outside. . . 


 . . . starting off with coffee first thing in the morning is consistent.  It's a bright spot in my day no matter what.


Here's how it has to go down for perfection:


-three heaping tablespoons of medium/strong name brand coffee, (sorry store brand, I can absolutely taste the difference)


- two cups of water (minimum two cups of coffee required)


-brewed till all brewing has stopped, (no heavy drips and no sitting around on a hot plate)


-my favorite coffee cup, (it's heavy and chipped and speckled and super old . . . LOVE!)


-powdered creamer poured, (NEVER measured)


-three tablespoons of REAL sugar, (the order is important - creamer first followed by sugar)


-40 second nuke in the microwave to get to my preferred temp (my old coffee maker doesn't get it hot like it used to)


Voila!  My perfect coffee is made.  My day has a chance of equaling the same perfection.


What's your perfect coffee??  


(This lovely caffeinated princess is available at my CafePress!)



4 comments:

  1. I can taste the difference, too, so for me, it's Pilon or Bustelo...espresso, baby!

    I make it in the machine most of the time, or the retro stovetop Cuban coffee maker: http://www.ineedcoffee.com/99/cubano/

    To make "la crema," I put 4 tsp of sugar (preferrably brown) in a cup, add the first drops of espresso as it comes out and stir until it's creamy. Once all the coffee is made, you add it to the creamy mixture and the sugar floats to the top...making it a morning dream (or afternoon, evening, whatever).

    THEN...you can add steamed milk to it OR take it as is in a cute, ceramic shot glass. To die for...and it's the only way to drink café here in Miami...la ciudad del encanto! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh la la! Now that's coffee fit for a diva. Love the attention to detail and finishing touches. :-)

      Delete
  2. All of this for a cup of coffee - you truly are a diva!

    ReplyDelete