Tuesday, February 28, 2012

When Less is a Mess

Maybe I'm showing my age.  But Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition 2012 just came out.  And I have to tell you.  I think it has lost touch with what the Swimsuit Issue has always been about . . .  SEXY girls next door.

The issue looks like the cover of a raunchy men's magazine.  And I don't mean Playboy.  I'm thinking more like Hustler.



Even Victoria's Secret said they will not be using the model that graces the coveted cover, Kate Upton, in their runway shows.  A spokesperson for the underwear dynasty basically said she looked too tawdry. Until now, Kate Upton has actually been a refreshing change in the world of modeling.

Kate has curves.  She actually looks like she finishes a meal and keeps it down. And she has always had a girl-next-door sexy-but-not-trashy vibe.

. . . until now.

Sorry for sounding like a middle-aged Dad.  But Sports Illustrated has officially made it clear with this issue, they have lost the ability to distinguish between sexy and sexual.




No comments:

Post a Comment