Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grown Up Luggage

Last week I was invited to join some friends on a weekend ski trip.  Naturally, I grabbed my luggage, stuffed in a few items, and headed to the slopes.

Hardly . . . 

I went.   But getting my stuff there proved to be a pivotal moment in my life.  After years of getting away without it for so long, I had no choice . . . it was time to invest in GROWN UP luggage.

To date, my luggage was one lone duffle bag.  I've been through several of course.  Basically I just use whatever I use for the gym for road trips and overnight stays.

I paid nothing for my latest.  My brother or his wife donated several bags from seminars and such they've attended.  This is one from an American Red Cross event is the latest:


Nothing fancy.  One Summer I was jaunting across the region in a two-seater convertible.  Trunk space was limited.  The smaller the better.  

But this ski trip was different.  As I tore up my place looking for something bigger, it occurred to me:  I needed REAL GROWN UP luggage.  

This was a snazzier trip.  I didn't want to roll up with my gym bag among other folks' Luis Vuitton's.  So I made a quick trip on my lunch break and came up with this:


Much better.  For perspective, here they are together:


It has wheels, an expandable handle, and everything.  

Granted, it's no Luis Vutitton.  But considering I was using the same bag I carried to the gym and stuffed haphazardly in lockers for years, I was able to pack with much more confidence.  My luggage had finally grown up!


No comments:

Post a Comment