Saturday, October 29, 2011

Doodle Divas Corporate Office

Better late than never.  I've been busy.  I bought my condo almost two years ago and just last week really got to setting it up the way I like.

So maybe I procrastinated a little bit too.  But I have been super busy for real.  Anyway, some folks wanted to see what I'd done, what I would do, etc.

So here goes:

Number one:  I do not like yard work nor dealing with the outdoors.

Number two: I do not like critters.

Number three:  I do not like to hear people stomping their feet above me when I'm chillaxin' or sleeping.

Therefore, it was imperative I have these three items handled with my abode purchase.  I bought a third floor condo.

No yard work.  No critters from living on the first floor.  And I'm THE top floor.  So no one above me.

I got it brand spanking new.  Like I got to choose if I got fans or not, (I did).  Carpet or wood, (carpet).  Washer?  Dryer?  (Yes.  Yes.)

Then two years later, I decided to actually make it look like a respectable human lived here.  I threw myself a birthday party.  That way I was FORCED to get it looking right for the guests.

It's still a work in progress.  But I'll do a post by post of various features.  All in this one post is a bit much.

But here's one:

Color scheme


I knew red would be my main color preference.  I also knew I wasn't painting any walls.  I don't have that kind of patience or focus.

I did a lot of research and an interior designer buddy came over and helped me get things set up a certain way.  Then lots of reading and paying attention to things I liked that I came across.

There are different types of red.  It took some trial and error but I finally figured out I love Love LOVE BRIGHT cherry red.  Burgundy, blood red, or other off-reds just don't cut it.

Ikea and Target typically have the red I go for.  Ikea is hands down my favorite when it comes to sourcing my favorite red.

Once I decided on red, I already knew black and white would be the accent colors.  And since Doodle Divas was all about black and white with a splash of red, the color scheme was perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment