Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!!

I think it goes without saying, Doodle Divas favorite horror movie is "The Stepford Wives".  Any horror movie that manages to showcase popular fashions of the day is tops in Doodle Divas world.

As for the artist . . . So far I've watched about three horror movies since this afternoon.  Funny.  I don't remember the acting being so abysmal when I first watched "Friday the 13th" years ago.

Here's what I've watched over the past few weeks so far:

1)  "Friday the 13th":  Seriously.  The acting is horrid.  I don't know which is scarier - the random murders or the horrid acting.  Yipes!

2)  "Last House on the Left":  More brutal than scary.  I don't much care for women getting knocked around.  But the revenge is oh so sweet.

3)  "Friday the 13th Part II":  Seriously.  The acting is still horrid.  But I give it props for taking a risk.  It was the first movie I've seen that 'went there.'  Jason offs a disabled guy in a wheelchair! 

4)  "Paranormal Activity":  Scary.  Things that go bump in the night are always scarier than the in-your-face stuff.

5) "Quarantine":  Very scary.  Very creepy.  By the end, I wasn't sure if I could sleep with the lights out.  

6) "Quarantine II (Spanish)":  The American version sucked.  But the Spanish version was completely different.  Super creepy.  Worth the subtitles.

7) "Paranormal Activity II":  No gold star.  But adequate.

8) "Paranormal Activity III":  Better than II actually.  Better creep factor.  And the lead guy is super duper cute.  

9) "Halloween Resurrection":  Awful. Dumb. Predictable. Lame. Silly.

10) "Case 39": Painfully dumb.  Rene Zellweger owes me money for this stinker

11) "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark":  Katie Holmes is lucky Tom Cruise didn't dump HER after this dorky waste of film.  I should sue her for a refund of the time I spent waiting for it to get good. . . . Still waiting.

13) "Nightmare On Elm Street":  More brutal and silly than scary.  But it does manage the creep factor.  And Johnny Depp is nice eye candy.  

14) "Amityville Horror":  Silly and predictable.

My all time favorite horror movie is a Spanish horror film called "The Orphanage."  It's worth the subtitles for those of us that can't understand the language.  

Otherwise, anything where the whole world has gone nuts and turned zombie or has a horrible virus, ("Living Dead", "28 Days Later").  Or where everyone is in on it and no one believes the main character, ("Rosemary's Baby").  Or where everyone is in on it . . . period. ("Invasion of the Body Snatchers").

Few horror movies actually do it for me. They're either too predictable, gross, illogical or go for the cheap scare - the inevitable tap on the shoulder that turns out to be Mom with milk and cookies instead of the boogeyman with a knife.

Enough about me and Doodle Divas.  What are  your favorite horror movies?

Find your Halloween Doodle Diva and more goodies at my Etsy store: 











No comments:

Post a Comment