Sunday, October 2, 2011

Shut the Front Door!!!

August 6th?  Are you kidding me?  My last blog was almost two months ago?!

Golly geez!

So my dealings, doings, what's-going-onings, seem to be like some Doodle Diva Diary.  Between 'Bottle Blonde" diva this past Summer and the top secret diva a boutique just got approved for later this month, (it's FALL now!), a whole hell of a lot has happened.

A lot has been personal.  I personally am working a 40-hour work week at a new job I started in August.  And no. That's not code for 'I-am-a-full-time-Doodle-Diva-artist/designer.'

That seriously cut into my all-doodle-divas-all-the-time zone - at least parts of it.  Of note - BLOGGING!

And I am ever so grateful.  Not only is it a great career move, it has forced me to be more balanced.  Let's just say there was a point when I wanted to hurl Doodle Divas out a very high window.

Doodle Divas was stressing me out.

Or so I fooled myself into thinking that.

Actually, I, as usual, was putting myself in my own way and getting stressed in the process.

What was causing this stress?  Two words:  time management.

To that end, I've incorporated a few changes:

1)  I actually use the alarm clock.

I didn't for years because I hated having some random lovely dream abruptly interrupted.  Yeah.  Whatever.  It's set with a battery back up now.

2)  Set the delay brew on my coffee maker the night before.

Yeah.  I whined about wanting a delay brew coffee maker, got one for Christmas several years ago, yet  I've actually used the delay brew option maybe six times in six years.  I know.  I'm shameless!

3) The sofa and or my home work station must be cleared before bed.

OK.  So I am a perfectionist.  I have this put together, clean, shaven, preppy vibe I show the public.  However, my condo tells the real story.  Since my sofa is the first thing I see when I walk in the door, it impacts my p.o.v. and tells the tale of what my insides are feeling like.  So I chose to at least keep the sofa uncluttered before my head hits the bed at night.

Much more has happened.  But for now, I'm going to hop off here and make good on my time management commitments.  Details to come.

Meanwhile, it's October already!  Enjoy one of my witchy divas while I fold laundry and discover if my sofa can still stand under all that weight.

And yes.  The laundry is CLEAN laundry!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment