Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Classy or Sassy?

I've discovered over the past few months a pattern.  The Europeans really, Really, REALLY like Audrey Hepburn.  I'm actually surprised at the amount of moolah Europeans have invested in my Audrey Hepburn inspired pieces.

I'm not complaining!  Thank you Europeans!

It seemed Americans really, Really, REALLY liked Marilyn Monroe.  I was actually surprised at the amount of moolah Americans have invested in my Marilyn Monroe inspired pieces.

I'm not complaining!  Thank you Americans!

That got me to thinking:  Which diva is tops among my fellow Americans?  Audrey or Marilyn?  I assumed it would be Marilyn based on sales alone.

I recently did an informal poll and sure enough . . . Marilyn Monroe won hands down.

 . . . I thought.

I forgot about the same poll on another site.  And when I peeked at it . . . Audrey Hepburn won hands down.

So in general, half of the Americans that took my little informal poll prefer sassy Marilyn while the other half prefer classy Audrey.

Makes perfect sense.  Even splits in situations like this are nice.  Of course, considering the trademark Doodle Divas 'look', I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out my preference.

But when it comes right down to it, for me at least, all classy with no sassy is just dullsville.  And whether it's 49% sassy or 51% classy, as long as it has 'diva' associated with it . . . it's 100% good!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment