Friday, July 22, 2011

Perfect Imperfections

I was ansy.  I picked up a cheap ink pen on my desk, whipped open an old stenobook, and doodled.  I realize today that doodling is practically self-medication.  It's like an adderall or ritalin substitute.


Anyway, here's the result:








This is a semi-raw doodle.  The raw doodle that inspired her is here:


Literally I dreamed her up.  I used my mind's vision as a reference.  And I doodled like crazy before the reference vanished.  


Half of the Doodle Divas I draw require a model/reference.  Then there are these divas that are complete figments of my imagination.


No woman can really stand, walk, sit or position and contort her body in the manner my imagination dreams up:


1- Their hair defies gravity, (and hairspray), in extreme vertical loops.  
2- Their arms, when extended, practically graze the floor.
3- Their legs are as long as stretch limos.
4- Their necks are longer than most giraffes.
5- Their hips have severe angles so sharp they could slice steel.
6- Their heads are like lollipops atop space needles.


THEY'RE COMPLETELY OUT OF PROPORTION!  


In other words . . . 


They're perfect!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I think your description of women is PERFECT! It's proof that being out of proportion is not a bad thing! All women should take note of that!

    ReplyDelete