Friday, July 1, 2011

Fierce Boots

As I recall, back in the 90's, "fierce" was an overused word to describe something so jaw dropping, so stunning, so unique, so exquisitely appealing, no other word would work.  Typically it referred to clothing, an outfit or some type of adornment.  The person uttering it was typically any random gay male.

So I said it a lot.

Cut to 2011 1/2.  The kids these days are using descriptors that I'm sure would only befuddle me.  I'm clueless as to what the appropriate contemporary adjective is myself.

So I avoid using the word 'fierce' to avoid the snickering or downright gales of laughter that would ensue upon hearing my old self state the adjective with ignorant confidence.

Then I saw these boots tonight:


To hell with the kids!

I hereby pronounce these boots, "FIERCE!!!"  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment