Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Diana "The Boss" Ross


I think Diana Ross popped out of the womb a diva.   She’s like American royalty.  When I think of Diana ‘The Boss’ Ross, I think of ball gowns, bling, sparkles, hair for days, and glamour, Glamour, GLAMOUR.   

Diana Ross is one of those ‘for God’s sake don’t piss her off!’ divas.  She went to the school of hard knocks and earned every single ounce of her divadom.

It’s authentic. 

It’s inspiring. 

There’s blood.  There’s sweat.  There’s tears. 

There’s hell to pay if you take her for granted!

But you wouldn’t anyway.  There’s something humbling about Diana Ross.  I’ll never forget when Lil’ Kim was dressed like  . . . well . . . Lil’ Kim, and up comes Diana Ross.  Her reaction to Lil’ Kim’s outfit is a brain burner.

I’ll never forget it.  It’s seared in my memory.  Classic!

I get the impression that  at any given moment, she could pull rank and reduce powerhouses like Madonna, Beyonce and J Lo to slobbering tears.  But instead, she humors us and lets folks like me toss around the word ‘diva’ like a middle management job title.

Diana Ross is like soldiers that go and fight overseas so Americans like me can take freedom for granted.  She’s a diva’s diva. She’s the real thing. 

She’s the Boss. 

And we best not forget it! 


2 comments: