Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Red or Red?

This whole Doodle Divas thing is a series of lessons, mistakes, interruptions, and surprises, (good, bad, ugly and indifferent).


Something as simple as a single spot of color can turn things topsy turvy.  In this case, the color red.  


Holy red lipstick Batman!


Ideally I just wanted the Doodle Divas to have a spot of red - their lips.  Then punctuation really seemed to help things pop as well.  I went to get my first print.


Loved it.


Between that printing and the next, I had changed drawing applications.  I go to get my next prints.


Hated it.


Not the printer's fault.  


Here's why:


Notice how the shades of red are completely different?  

I call the red on the left, Dried Blood Red.   The red on the right is, Bright Cherry Red.  The new app I chose used the cherry red.  

I love the Bright Cherry Red.  So I changed shades.  Don't worry if you have the Dried Blood Red before I switched shades.

It'll be worth more than the current shade since it'll be way rare to find an original with that shade.

Anyhoo . . . lesson learned.  

One lesson down. 

MANY, Many, many more lessons to go I'm sure.

And that's OK.  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment