Saturday, June 18, 2011

Princess K

 I noticed two recurring themes were happening with Doodle Divas: 

1) Their love of shoes.
2) Their love of weddings.

I'm not sure if it's weddings as much as wedding DRESSES. 

Anyhoo . . . there of course was much hub-bub about the recent royal wedding. I thought how cute to do a play on the illustration I had done much earlier - "No Princess" . This time instead of disappointment to find out she was never actually a princess, do the reverse.

She finds out she actually IS a princess!

It worked. 

"Princess K" was a super duper hit. It was the first time I had strangers from across oceans in other countries take note and 'like' one of my Doodle Divas.

Guess that goes to show the notion of a 'princess' inside every female is very true . . . even globally! :-)



2 comments:

  1. I love this! It is no surprise that this is a global success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathouse! A friend asked me who I was referencing. I'm sure my gasp of disbelief and horror was heard all the way in Europe!

    ReplyDelete