Friday, June 3, 2011

I miss "Once upon a time . . . "

I think Doodle Divas remind me of fairy tales read aloud when I was a wee one. I loved those stories. I was always fascinated by the damsels in distress.

But not for obvious reasons like, 'OMG! Somebody save her before that wicked witch gets her!"

It was more like:

"Wow! Considering her fairy godmother has a magic wand and all, you'd think she could have done a little better than a BLUE ball gown. Plus it covers those fabulous glass slippers!"

or

"Her evil stepmother has on Mac makeup, a fierce manicure, and an outfit obviously designed by Chanel. The mirror lied. Snow White is the FRUMPIEST of them all!"

I still miss fairy tales. But it was very confusing. How could I hate a wicked witch that had such spectacular fashion sense??!

Sigh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment